skip to content

You can use the UIS account requests and changes (Jackdaw) form to: 

Completing the form 

You need to complete the following fields for leavers, movers and account extensions: 

  • institution 
  • standing: staff, visitor or ‘other’ if they have a University Card but no IT accounts
  • academic title 
  • forenames 
  • surname 
  • date of birth 
  • review date: add the person's last working day or a date in the future (it cannot be today’s date) if you want to extend their accounts. It cannot be longer than 3 years. 

Staff who are changing roles within professional services

You will also need to use the Account closure form (UA5) for staff members changing roles within professional services. This form removes access to shared mailboxes and shared folders. It will also set as your primary email address and remove any alternative email addresses associated with the account. For example, or

Please submit the Account closure form as soon as you know your colleague is leaving. This gives us as much notice as possible to schedule the closure of the account.

This applies to staff moving within professional services. It also applies to staff moving from Colleges and other institutions to professional services or vice versa.