The University Finance System provides an interface that allows other applications to take credit card payments for goods, events and services. It is offered at two tiers:
- an eCommerce system for taking payments for conferences, events, workshops etc., together with a product catalogue for selling books, tickets, payment of bench fees and library fines etc
- a Card Payment Gateway (CPG) that allows departments to create their own front end and then interface in to the CPG at the payment stage
To use either of these, contact email@example.com
eSales application support (legacy system)
UIS provides back-end support for a legacy in-house system for taking card payments.
- It is used by bespoke systems giving a response in real time about the success or the failure of the transaction.
- It has a simple interface and is very easy to integrate with your application.
- There is no requirement for the user to create an account or have a password.
- It is used by the legacy in house conference booking system and eShop.
- It uses Barclays ePDQ CPI service or Realex payments gateway.
The legacy documentation is available - https://webservices.admin.cam.ac.uk/esales/doc/page1.htmlcurrent worked example - https://webservices.admin.cam.ac.uk/esales/newdoc/