This page is specifically targeted at computer support staff of the University of Cambridge
This webpage provides information and downloads particularly relevant to TechLinks that provide end-user support to students and staff of the University of Cambridge and its associated institutions. Information and products linked from this page are therefore likely to be more technically orientated and are not for the uninitiated.
If deploying VirusScan on managed sytems you should be using ePolicy Orchestrator to deploy and manage VirusScan. You are strongly advised to either set policies with ePolicy Orchestrator or to create your own configured version of VirusScan to deploy without ePO which has more restrictive settings than the standard configured version.
Using VirusScan on servers has a range of configuration issues, be it a Domain Controller, Exchange, SQL or just a file server.
For more information on these topics see the following links.
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 with patch 4 for use with ePO (unconfigured)
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 with patch 6 for use with ePO (unconfigured)
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i with patch 5 for use with ePO (unconfigured) - NOTE: the default update site for Enterprise 8.7i DAT files is HTTP http://update.nai.com/products/commonupdater
- Please note: in the Enterprise update log/dialog you may notice a message which says 'Updates were not applied because packages were not in the repository VSCANCELU1000.EXTRADAT1000'. This is an expected message and NOT an error. The DAT updating will still have completed successfully.
- AntiVirus downloads for Mac.
- Patch 2 for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
- Patch 3 for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
- Patch 4 for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
- Patch 6 for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
- Patch 7 for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.
- Patch 8 for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.
Patches are released by McAfee on a fairly regular basis. If you use ePolicy orchestrator to manage VirusScan you can deploy these patches once you have added them to your repository.
- HF805660 for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
- HF1123565 for McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
- Documentation for HF1123565
The SuperDAT file that contains the latest engine upgrade and virus defintions can be found as sdat????.exe file in the SuperDAT files directory on the McAfee ftp server. The SuperDat File (Engine + DAT) allows you to update your VirusScan quickly and easily to the latest scan engine and virus defintions. Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
Note: We recommend that you use the unconfigured version of VirusScan (available above) with ePolicy Orchestrator.
- ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.1 Hotfix 1
- ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.1 Hotfix 1 Release Notes
- Hotfix EPOHF983758.zip ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.1 Hotfix 983758-2. Updates Java to v1.7_u67
- Hotfix EPOHF988208.zip ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.1 Hotfix 988208. Updates OpenSSL to address CVE-2014-3511
- Hotfix EPOHF1014944.zip ePolicy Orchestrator 5.1.1 Hotfix 1-14944. This hotfix replaces all OpenSSL and Apache files used by McAfee ePO because there is a technology dependence between the two.
- Unix 64bit Command Line Scanner
- Windows 64bit Command Line Scanner
- Directory of latest Command Line Scanners and documentation
- No TechLink specific CD/DVD images are currently available.
- McAfee Netshield 4.6.3 for Netware
- Documentation is available here (ftp folder)
- McAfee Netshield 4.6.2 for Netware.
- MSME v8.5P1 - program installer with patch 1
- Hotfix 1111610
- Patch1 ReadMe
- MSME v8.5 - program installer
- Activations.zip - please submit request to windows-support
- Product Guide
- McAfee GroupShield 7.0.2 - program installer
- McAfee Groupshield 7.0.2 - ftp directory containing installer, patches, hotfixes, documentation etc
- McAfee GroupShield 7.0.1 - program installer
- McAfee GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1
- McAfee GroupShield 7.0.1 Patch 1 Rollup 2
- McAfee Groupshield 7.0.1 - ftp directory containing installer, patches, hotfixes, documentation etc
- McAfee GroupShield 7.0 - install or upgrade 6.0.2/6.0.3
- McAfee GroupShield 7.0 Patch 1.
- ePO 4.0 Reports file for GroupShield Exchange 7.0.
- ePO 3.6 Reports file for GroupShield Exchange 7.0.
- McAfee Quarantine Manager v5.0 Patch1 Fresh Install Package.
- McAfee GroupShield 6.0.3 with Engine 5200 - Exchange 2007 ONLY
- GSHPML.EXE - extends GroupShield 6.0 for Exchange to unlimited policies.
- Package to allow GSHPML.EXE to be rolled out with ePO.
- AntiSpam Reports.
- GroupShield Reports.
- McAfee GroupShield 6.0 for Exchange Server 2000/2003
- McAfee GroupShield 6 SP1 for Exchange Server 2000/2003 (turns 6 into 6.0.1)
- McAfee GroupShield 6.0 for Exchange Server 2000/2003 Product Guide (PDF)
- McAfee VirusScan command line executable(NT4, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008 Server)
- AIX command line executable
- HP_UX command line executable
- Linux (Intel 32bit) command line executable
- Linux (Intel 64-bit) command line executable
- FreeBSD 6 & 7 command line executable
- Solaris x86 command line executable
- Solaris Sparc command line executable
- Unix/Linux (including Solaris/FreeBSD) Readme.txt
- Unix/Linux (Including Solaris/FreeBSD) Product Guide (PDF)
- Windows Version Readme.txt
- Windows versions Product Guide (PDF)
McAfee provide a range of utilities to accomplish unique tasks that are not commonly encountered during typical use of their anti-virus products. They are maintained and made available for download from the McAfee website at http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/index.aspx