Raven is a service used by many web sites that provide resources for the University of Cambridge, to identify people so that decisions (such as granting or denying access) can be made based on who that person is and on other information about them.
Raven is provided by the University Information Services (UIS), and uses standard UIS user identifiers (CRSid) and passwords to identify people.
You will need to authenticate with Raven in order to use several important resources, including:
- access to the Student Information System (CamSIS), including registering for examinations
- access to web pages in the
cam.ac.ukdomain that are only available to a restricted set of users, e.g. members of a particular College or Department.
- access to 'Lookup', the University online directory service
- access to CamTools and Moodle
- access to CamCORS and to CGSRS (undergraduate and graduate supervision reporting systems, respectively)
- access when you are away from Cambridge, e.g. in vacations, or attending a conference, to certain web pages that are normally visible only on computers connected to the University network, for example the the University Library databases and electronic journals.
- You can also use your password for Raven to log in to Hermes Webmail.