When Raven receives a request for authorisation it returns information to the requesting site. The information returned depends on the needs of the site. For many sites this will simply be the CRSid, but for others it will include other information.
An individual site may provide access to
- all registered users of Raven;
- to particular groups of people, for example:-
- all those identified as staff in the University HR system, CHRIS;
- all those identified as students in the University sudent information system, CamSIS;
- all those who are on a list held on the website being accessed or who are users of a particular service.
If you are trying to access library electronic resources (ejournals, ebooks, online databases etc.) using your Raven password, please see FAQ: Why can't I access some electronic journals and databases?
For all other resources, to test the Raven component, you should go to the Test web page and click on Select this link; fill in your identifier and Raven password when asked. Raven will report success or failure.
- If the test succeeds then Raven is working correctly and you should consult the Help Desk for the appropriate service (e.g. CamSIS). A list of help desks for other services in the University (CARET, CamCors, MISD, CUFS etc.) is at http://www.cam.ac.uk/staffstudents/helpdesks.html.
- If the test fails, it is a problem with your Raven account. First double-check that you are entering your password correctly (see the advice in What should I do if I've forgotten my Raven password or it doesn't work?). If in doubt, you can try getting a new password by following the instructions in How do I get a Raven password?. If this still doesn't help then please consult the Computing Service Help Desk.