To help maintain security, passwords expire every 80 days. You will be warned when logging in to the network about two weeks before your password expires. Whilst you can change your password at any time, you must change it before it expires.
- Must not contain your account name or parts of your full name that exceed two consecutive characters.
- Should be at least eight characters in length.
- Should contain a mix of characters from at least three of the following four categories:-
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Digits (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (e.g. !, $, #, %)
Password tip 1:
Consider using unrelated words linked by underscores (_) or the first letters of words in a meaningful phrase. e.g. Pink_Sun1 or MfDnwL10! (from My first Dog’s name was Lassie 10!)
Password tip 2:
It is recommended that passwords are changed during UAS Service Desk support hours and that any mobile devices that use your account details be updated at the same time. We have seen occurrences where a mobile device using the old password causes the account to be locked out, by issuing multiple invalid attempts
Changing your Password
To change your password, follow the steps below. If you can log on, do so, and once you reach your desktop, do the following:
- Press + + Select 'Change Password...'
- Enter your old password
- Enter your new password and confirm ( Note: your new password must be different from your previous five passwords )
- Click OK
- Click Cancel
If you are not on the network, you can access the online password changer, which will allow you to reset your password from anywhere with internet access.