Operating System Updates:
- On a Mac running OS X you should ensure that the operating system and applications are kept up-to-date as regards security and bug-fixing updates issued by Apple
- Users of older versions of OS X should use Software Update (from System Preferences) to configure 'Automatically check for updates when you have a network connection'. This can be set to Daily, Weekly or Monthly. More information is available from Apple.
- Mountain Lion or later users should use App Store (from System Preferences) and enable 'Automatically check for updates' and 'Install app updates'.
- MacOS X 10.6 and earlier are now out-of-support and no further updates will be available.
- Updates relating to Microsoft Products should also be downloaded and applied from the Microsoft Mactopia download pages or using the Microsoft Auto Updater supplied with Office
- Ensure that Adobe Updater preferences are set to automatically check for updates. Update options can be found at Automatic Updates | Acrobat, Reader
- See VirusScan for Mac for information on antivirus software available for Macs within the University of Cambridge