In order to take part in this scheme, you will need
- to be authorised as a data supplier for an institution (see 'Registering as a data supplier')
- the full name(s) of the person you are registering
- their gender
- their status (visitor or staff)
- their date of birth
and if relevant you may supply
- academic title
- start date
- expected leaving date
- previous CRSid
- previous surname
- the accounts that you wish the person to have; please note that Raven accounts are always allocated.
There is a Raven-protected web form for registering and reviewng pre-arrival registrations.
Note that the date of birth may be omitted, but that it will not be possible for the user to collect their passwords unless the date of birth is added later. This allows an institution to have a CRSid and accounts set up for the user in advance of their arrival and to confirm details later. To add a date of birth, you should either submit a second pre-arrival request or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT send the user to UIS Reception to request us to update a record.
When you have completed the form, the confirmation page contains a link to a web page containing a registration code.
- If you want to hand the registration code to the user immediately, you can follow the link and then print the page.
- Alternatively, if you prefer to wait until a CRSid has been issued, you can return to 'review recent registrations' at a later time. Selecting a name will take you to a web page with the registration code and CRSid.
Whichever page you print, please hand this to the user together with a copy of 'IT matters @ Cambridge' which describes how to collect passwords etc. Copies of IT matters are available from email@example.com and a .
We aim to have all requests that are submitted by 15.30 on normal working days processed on the same day, so that passwords can be collected on the following day. Requests may be processed after this deadline, depending on staff availability.
Last updated: September 2007