About the Service
The ePO Hosted Service is currently provided free to institutions. Supported platforms are Windows and OSX. A command line version of VirusScan is available for Linux and other platforms but these are not manageable by the ePO.
There will be a minimal level of direct management and configuration provided for you beyond technical support and trouble shooting. The initial set up and configuration process is also a tutorial on how to use ePO and as such institutional Computer Officers will be expected to provide for themselves any additional reports on their systems beyond what is provided by default.
- Access to an ePO instance for your institution which allows remote access for institutional Computer Officers to the ePO
- Advice on adding Systems to ePO
- A basic set of policy configurations and show how policies can be set by the institution on their systems if they want to apply their own
- A basic set of reports and queries for use and a tutorial on creating your own
- A maintained and updated ePO ensuring that the latest DATS, Patches and upgrades are available and automatically deployed to an institution
- Post set up support is available by emailing Windows-Support@ucs.cam.ac.uk
- Maintain your systems by adding new ones (Systems which do not contact the ePO for 40 days will be automatically deleted).
- Create any additional policies, reports, queries and dashboards which are not provided as part of the default configuration
Generally the initial set up and tutorial for using ePO can be covered by an hours site visit to the institution. You do not need to deploy the ePO Agent during this time to all your systems as systems can be added when convenient for the institution. Once the basic setup is complete any new systems you add will automatically be added to your part of the system tree and once there will either have the default policies applied or the institutions customized policies applied.
Institutions are responsible for any settings and configuration they choose to use other than the defaults we provide. The Computing Service cannot be held responsible for any mis-configuration in policies set by an institution. If you have any concerns over your settings please contact Windows-Support@ucs.cam.ac.uk before implementing them.
The service will be run as per the standard Computing Service terms and conditions. For full details;
Due to how ePO works systems will continue to update and have set policy applied to workstations even during downtime.