How to configure an @admin.cam.ac.uk Exchange email account in Android:
Please be aware that configuring your device to connect to the UAS mail server via Exchange ActiveSync will subject it to a security policy that will enforce a four digit numerical passcode.
These instructions may differ slightly between handsets but should generally remain accurate.
If you already have an account on the phone (such as a Google or a POP account), you will need to add an additional account first, if not skip steps 2 & 3:
- Open the Email application.
- Click the Menu button and then click the Accounts button.
- Click the Menu button again and click Add Account.
- Click Exchange Account.
- Enter your email address in the format Firstname.Lastname@admin.cam.ac.uk and password.
- Click Next.
- Enter your: DOMAIN\username in the format INTERNAL\CRSID, password, and the Exchange server address webmail.admin.cam.ac.uk.
- Check Use Secure Connection and Accept All SSL Certificates.
- After authentication, check the boxes associated with the features you want to include such as Push, Amount To Sync, Notifications, Sync Contacts, Sync Calendar, Sync Calendar Amount.
- Click Next.
- In the next screen, you need to give an account name and your name (this will be displayed on outgoing email messages).
When selecting a synchronisation schedule be sure to take battery life and data charges into account, if you set it to 'Push' it will be connected constantly and messages will arrive on the device as they are received in your mailbox, this will result in reduced battery life and high data usage.
Once ActiveSync is configured your device will be listed under 'Mobile Devices' in your webmail options, from here it is possible to remotely wipe the device if it is lost or stolen.