Collecting Network Token
- Visit https://tokens.csx.cam.ac.uk
- Copy the sixteen character Network Access Token onto the clipboard.
Installing and configuring the VPN
- Download the
- You should be prompted to open the downloaded file, if not then simply double click it.
- Click Install
- When prompted enter your user identifier (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your Network Access Token then click Install.
- When prompted type in the username and password of an admin account on your Mac.
- Click Show All in the toolbar and then choose Network.
- Select the VPN entry then tick Show VPN status in menu bar then click Apply to finish the installation.
- Quit System Preferences.
Using the VPN connection
To start the VPN connection:
- Either choose Connect University Information Services VPN from the VPN menu bar item
- Or choose Connect from the interface in the Networks System Preference.
When you have finished using the VPN choose Disconnect from either of the locations listed above.
Removing the VPN
- Open System Preferences and choose Profiles.
- Select the University Information Services profile and click -
- Authenticate with an admin username and password when prompted.