Please note that at this time (October 2014) there is an issue installing profiles using mobile Chrome on iOS.
Collecting Network Token
- Visit https://tokens.csx.cam.ac.uk
- Select the token, tap and hold then select Copy to store it on the clipboard
Please note your user identifier is email@example.com
Installing on iOS 8
- On the iOS device use Safari to download the VPN configuration file and select Install Profile
- If prompted type in your passcode
- Tap Next at the privacy warning screen
- Tap Install to install the profile then tap Done
- Return to the Settings app and tap VPN in the General section
- Tap the Information icon to the right of the Cambridge VPN entry
- Enter your VPN username (firstname.lastname@example.org), tap inside the Password field and select Paste, then tap Save VPN Configuration.
Installing on previous iOS versions
- On the iOS device use Safari to download the
- If prompted type in your passcode.
- Enter your username and tap Next
- Enter the VPN password and tap Next.
Using the VPN
To connect to the VPN return to the main settings page and tap the VPN slider.
The VPN will connect displaying a VPN icon in the status bar at the top of the screen.
To disconnect return to Settings and tap the VPN slider.