The following instructions are for configuring the University of Cambridge eduroam service for Windows Phone 8.1.
Before you begin, please ensure:
- You are in a location within the University of Cambridge or affiliated institutions where the eduroam wireless network is available. If in doubt, please speak to your local IT support or the UIS Service Desk.
- You know your Network Access Username - typically your CRSid (username) followed by "@cam.ac.uk". For example, "email@example.com".
- You have your Network Access Token - either written down, or displayed on the screen of an adjacent device. This is a 16 character long password and is NOT the same as your University (Raven) password. You can find out your Network Access Token by visiting the Network Access Token site.
Please follow these steps:
- From any screen, swipe your finger down from the top of the screen:
- The notification panel will open. From the panel tap All Settings:
- The Settings menu will open. From the system tab, tap WiFi:
- The WiFi configuration menu will open. From the Available WiFi networks section, select eduroam:
If you do not see eduroam listed, please move to a location where eduroam is available. If you are unsure, please speak to your local IT support staff, or visit the UIS Service Desk locations, where WiFi is available.
- You will be prompted to sign in to the wireless network. Enter your credentials as shown below and tap done when complete:
- Connect using: username+password (this should be the default)
- Username: Network Access Username [CRSid@cam.ac.uk] (as displayed on the Network Access Token website - note the "@cam.ac.uk" suffix)
- Password: Network Access Token (the 16 character token you collected above from the Network Access Token website)
- Show password: (you can tick this if you wish to check the password is entered correctly: it will have no effect on the eventual configuration)
- Server certification validation: always ask me (the default)
- EAP method: PEAP MS-CHAP v2 (the default)
- You will be prompted to accept a certificate. Check the details match those shown before tapping accept. If they do not match, tap cancel and speak to your IT support staff - do NOT proceed further:
- Issued to: GB, England, Cambridge, University of Cambridge, Computing Service, network.tokens.csx.cam.ac.uk
- Issued by: QuoVadis Global SSL ICA G2
- You should now be connected to the eduroam network and this confirmed by the WiFi configuration menu:
- Press the Windows key underneath the screen to return to the main screen of your phone.