Janet(UK)'s TERENA contract for server certificates means that the Comodo AddTrust External CA Root certificate is needed. If you are using Windows 8 RT (a specialised form of Windows 8, used on the Microsoft Surface) then you will need to import this certificate, as it is not pre-installed on Windows 8 RT.
To Import the Certificate
- Using a web browser from your Windows 8 RT device go to https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Default/Knowledgebase/Article/View/853/74/addtrustexternalcaroot.
- Under Attachments select the certificate name or icon to download the certificate, AddTrustExternalCARoot addtrustexternalcaroot.crt. You will be asked whether you want to open or save it. Choose Open.
- When the certificate opens, click the Install Certificate button.
- If asked which Certificate Store to use,
- pick Place all certificates in the following store,
- click Browse and then choose Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK.
- When asked to confirm if you wish to install the certificate click Yes.
You now have your certificate installed, and should follow the rest of the relevant instructions for Windows 8 in the eduroam for Cambridge users instructions.