eduroam is available at multiple educational institutions and requires a specific configuration that includes your userid (CRSid, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your Network Authentication token (used as the password).
To use these instructions you must be in a location where eduroam is available
The mobileconfig profile used for configuration of previous iOS versions does not work due to a known Apple bug. If you have installed this profile on iOS 6 (not on installed on iOS 5 or earlier and then upgraded) you will need to remove the profile before following the instructions here.
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles and choose eduroam.
- Select Remove and follow the instructions.
- Restart the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
To configure eduroam
If you already have a working network connection either through cellular data or Wi-Fi then skip to Step 4.
- From the home screen select Settings -> Wi-Fi to open the Wi-Fi Networks screen:
- Confirm that you have both the eduroam and UniOfCam (was Lapwing) wireless networks available. If either are unavailable you must move to a different physical location to complete the setup process.
- Select UniOfCam (was Lapwing) then use a web browser to log in.
- Once authenticated visit the UCS Tokens site.
- You should now see the Network authentication token collection page. Double-click on the Network access token box on the right hand side to zoom in. Hold down your finger on the token in the box and wait for the magnifying glass to appear, then release your finger. The contents of the box will be highlighted and you will be offered the option to copy the token to the clipboard. Select Copy.
- Go to Settings and select Wi-Fi.
- In the list of networks pick eduroam
- When prompted enter your details:
- On the Enter Username screen put in your eduroam Identifier (this must be of the form email@example.com and then select Next
- On the Enter Password screen put in your Network access token. If you copied it earlier then hold down your finger in the box and select Paste when prompted, then select Next
- Return to Settings > Wi-Fi and click the blue arrow to the right of Lapwing. Ensure that Auto-Join is set to off.