Unfortunately setting your device up by just choosing eduroam in the Wi-Fi Networks screen and entering the correct username/password does not allow you to enter the security settings required to keep your connection secure. Apple have only made available these options using the
.mobileconfig Connection Profile. Information Services have generated a profile that correctly configures the settings for the eduroam service. To use these instructions you must be in a location where both UniOfCam (was Lapwing) and eduroam are available.
- From the home screen select Settings -> General -> Network and scroll down to Wi-Fi at the bottom to open the Wi-Fi Networks screen:
- Confirm that you have both the eduroam and UniOfCam (was Lapwing) wireless networks available. If either are unavailable you must move to a different physical location to complete the setup process.
- Select UniOfCam (was Lapwing) to connect to and open the Log In screen.
- Once authenticated visit the UCS Tokens site.
- You should now see the Network authentication token collection page. Double-click on the Network access token box on the right hand side to zoom in. Hold down your finger on the token in the box and wait for the magnifying glass to appear, then release your finger. The contents of the box will be highlighted and you will be offered the option to copy the token to the clipboard. Select Copy.
- Now visit the eduroam .mobileconfig site.
- You will be prompted to install the eduroam configuration profile.
- Click Install to start and then Install Now when prompted. If you have configured your iOS device to use a passcode you will asked for it at this point.
- On the Enter Username screen put in your eduroam Identifier (this must be of the form
firstname.lastname@example.org then select Next
- On the Enter Password screen put in your Network access token. If you copied it earlier then hold down your finger in the box and select Paste) when prompted, then select Next
- You should then see the screen confirming that the profile has been installed successfully
- Return to Settings -> General -> Network -> Wi-Fi and click the blue arrow to the right of Lapwing. Ensure that Auto-Join is set to off.
Your device will now be authenticated to the network, after that you should be able to access the internet. If this still doesn't work then double-check the above steps. If you are still unable to connect contact the Service Desk for assistance.
Removing the profile
If you need to remove the profile from the device:
- Choose Settings -> General and then choose eduroam from Profile
- Choose Remove. All settings and passwords will be cleared.