- Settings and configurations for Android devices
- Settings and configurations for Apple devices (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
- Settings and configurations for Blackberry devices
- Configuring a Nokia device (eduroam instructions only)
- Settings and configurations for Windows Mobile devices
- Settings and configurations for Microsoft Surface devices
Generic configuration notes
If your device is not in the list you may find the following pages help you configure it.
- Settings for email
- Settings for the eduroam wireless network
Note that it is not possible to connect to the UniOfCam or eduroam wireless networks using most Amazon Kindles. If you have a Kindle Fire, the android eduroam settings work.
Installing a certificate for use on mobile devices
JANET(UK) has signed up to a new TERENA contract for server certificates. This means that the QuoVadis Root CA 2 certificate is needed for eduroam, as well as other services (e.g. Hermes). Some phones (including Nokia and Sony Ericsson) do not have this certificate in their list of Certification Authorities so you will need to install the certificate - we have provided instructions for installing the root CA for use on mobile devices.