Purpose and scope of online payment method
- The DS-Remote Service providing the ability to pay for print credit online by debit or credit card is available solely for payment for DS-Remote credit. DS-Remote credit is used to pay for access to applications within the DS-Remote system. It cannot be used to pay for any other services.
- The DS-Remote service is available only to registered users of University Information Service facilities. A user logged in to the DS-Remote system will use the DS-Remote online credit application and the amount paid will be credited to the DS-Remote balance for that user.
- Payments made for DS-Remote credit are not refundable.
- Payments for DS-Remote credit are subject to the University's general Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- AMEX cards, which have a high overhead charge, are not accepted.
Payments and VAT
Transactions are in UK pounds Sterling only.
Payment by electronic means for DS-Remote credit is subject to a minimum payment of £1.00 (+VAT, if applicable – see below) and a maximum payment of £30.00 (+VAT, if applicable) in any one transaction, and each payment will consist of a whole number of pounds (+VAT).
The maximum credit a user can have attached by online payment to their DS-Remote account balance is £30.00 (excluding any VAT paid).
Payments for registered students are not subject to VAT. Payment amounts are shown by the DS-Print credit payment application prior to commitment of a displayed payment instruction.
The University's VAT number is GB 823 8476 09.
Please refer questions regarding DS-Remote credit to the DS-Remote service via the UIS Service Desk (email@example.com)
The DS-Remote service is a 'DIY' facility, meaning that the system runs as an unattended service.
No refunds are given on account of, for example, poor quality internet connection or loss of output due to problematic devices connecting to the service.