Purpose and Scope of online payment method
1. The eCredit web-portal is available for adding DS-Print credit by debit or credit card. DS-Print credit can only be used to pay for printing, copying or scanning to printers/MFDs (Multi-Functional Devices) within the DS-Print Common Balance scheme.
2. The eCredit web-portal can be accessed using a Managed Cluster workstation under the Account Management menu or from an un-managed workstation using the eCredit link.
3. The DS-Print service is available to registered users of University Information Services facilities - a CRSid is required.
4. DS-Print runs as an unattended service with consequent limitations - see nature of the service below.
5. Payments made for DS-Print credit are not refundable.
6. Payments for print credit are subject to the University's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
7. AMEX cards are not accepted due to a higher overhead charge.
Payments and VAT
Payments by eCredit for DS-Print credit is subject to a minimum payment of £1.00 and a maximum payment of £30.00 in any one transaction, and each payment will consist of a whole number of pounds. The maximum credit a user can have in their DS-Print Common Balance account is £30.00. Transactions are in UK pounds Sterling only.
Payments for registered students are not subject to VAT. For all other DS-Print users (those who are members of the University or college staff), VAT is added to the amount paid. After inputting the payment amount, the new balance and total to be charged to the payment card will be displayed, the VAT component of the total will be also be displayed.
The University's VAT number is GB 823 8476 09
Page charges for each printer/copier within the scheme are set by the owning institution - details of page charges for all Common Balance DS-print printers and copiers can be found by navigating to Where can I use DS-Print?
Most printers and copiers can print in duplex mode (two-sided). The user is responsible for ensuring that the correct printer driver settings or configurations are set for the intended form of output, including duplex or colour setting. NOTE: for some printers/copiers, output is charged per sheet of paper used, independent of whether it is printed on both sides (duplex) or not. For some printing/copying the charge is per side of paper printed.
For problems with print/copy/scan on non-University Information Services (UIS) owned equipment and Local Balance, please contact your local institution support staff in the first instance.
Please refer Common Balance enquires, support requests and reporting problems with UIS print/copy/scan equipment to UIS Service Desk - firstname.lastname@example.org
The DS-Print printing service is a DIY facility, meaning that print/copy/scan run as an unattended service. Additionally, outside of normal office hours, the whole Manage Cluster Service (MCS) runs unattended. Consequently, each user, whether at a MCS workstation or on their own machine, is responsible for ensuring that a printer is operational before attempting to print to it, including the supply of paper in the printer. Similarly, each user, takes reasonable responsibility for ensuing the MFD is correctly operating before use.
No refunds are given on account of, for example, poor quality or loss of output due to paper jams or absence of paper, or because printer output has been taken. Page charges are set with this standard of service in mind.
To avoid operational problems, we recommend splitting print jobs so that no more than 50 pages are printed in any one job.
Many of the DS-Print printers/MFDs which fall within the scope of on-line payment are owned and run by institutions other than the UIS and therefore are subject also to the operations conditions of the owning institution.