for sales through Software Distribution
This policy together with the University Policy and Terms and Conditions relates to personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998, held on the University Information Services Software Sales database.
This database is used:
- To support the administration of the sale of software and licensing to University staff and students
- To support aspects of the administration relating to the sale of software and licensing in line with our supplier requirements/licensing T&C’s
Information We May Collect From You
The database contains the following types of personal information:
- First Initial
- Last Name
- Customer Reference Number for Each Individual Institution
- Job Title
- Parent Institution and Institution Group
- Postal Address
- Email Address
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
Uses Made of Your Information
We may use information held in the following ways:
- For auditing purposes
- To Email or send out letter reminders for the renewal of licensing
- To generate statistical reporting of license and software usage, for the purpose of adding too or taking away offerings, and track usage.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To keep a historical record of your software and licenses for the purpose of generating correct upgrades for specific versions of software.
Typically logs are kept for 7 years, but could be kept longer for perpetual licensing.
Access to the administrative part of the database is restricted to appropriate staff of the University.
If it becomes apparent that inaccurate information is held, this data can be corrected by contacting Software Sales (email@example.com).